2016-11-17 / Blotter

Police Blotter

Thieves grab gun, get away

GRAND BLANC TWP. — On Nov. 14 at 3 a.m., in the 2300 block of E. Hill Rd. officers responded to a front door alarm and motion alarms at a retail business. They arrived in three minutes to find the front door pried open and the store empty. A key-holder was obtained and stated a Glock 22-caliber handgun kept behind the counter had been stolen but nothing else even though cash was left in the store. Video surveillance revealed two apparent male subjects, one in a skull face type mask, and one in a white bandanna type face covering, with gloves. Anyone with information should call Detective Matt Harburn, Grand Blanc Township Police at 810-424-2611. — P.S.

Another life lost to overdose

GRAND BLANC TWP. — On Nov. 11 at 8:55 a.m. officers were called to the 1100 block of Kennebec Rd. where they found a 47-year-old Grand Blanc male who had apparently died of a heroin overdose. He was found in the bathroom next to drug paraphernalia and a small plastic sandwich bag corner partly filled with suspected heroin. The caller identified the male as his nephew whom he spoke to on the previous Tuesday and was seen at his house in Flint the day before. He had stopped by to take care of the dogs. He stated the man had been in rehabilitation for drug use last year. Officers found no signs of foul play or trauma and the medical examiner declared the death and transported the male to a local hospital for further examination. — P.S.

Senior loses money to computer fraud

GRAND BLANC TWP. — On Nov. 11, at approximately 4:34 p.m., a walk-in complaint was filed at the Township Police Department in the 5400 block of S. Saginaw. A 73-year-old Grand Blanc male stated he was on his computer and got a pop-up message instructing him to call “Microsoft” which he did. He was then told he needed an upgrade that would cost $69.99 and he paid for it with his credit card. He was also told if he had any problems, following the payment he could call a local number. He then noticed several unauthorized charges on his credit card, which he then canceled and the next time he got on his computer, he had the same problem. He was instructed to take it to a computer shop to remove the virus and fraud software that was on it. — P.S.

Return to top

Copyright © 2009-2018 Grand Blanc View, All Rights Reserved

Click here for digital edition
2016-11-17 digital edition